- Welcome to this course in September 2017!
- You will write parallel C, Java, Scala, and C++ code.
- Literature: Jonas Skeppstedt/Christian Söderberg: Writing Efficient C Code. See for example amazon.co.uk .
- Power specification.
With the 1st edition, the focus is on the following chapters:
- Chapter 5, Multicores
- Section 7.18 Multi-threaded Execution
- Section 13.16 <stdatomic.h>
- Section 13.25 <threads.h>
- Chapter 17, Programming with Pthreads
- Chapter 18, OpenMP
There is a competition in the course, and the winners so far have been:
- 2015: Anton Klarén and Valdemar Roxling.
- 2014: Karl-Olof Hylen and Björn Linse.
- 2013: Anton Botvalde and Mats Lundkvist.
- 2012: Fredrik Karlsson and Daniel Pervan.
- 2011: Rasmus Barringer, PhD student in the computer graphics group in the Department of Computer Science.