- Welcome to this course in September 2019!
- You will write parallel programs in Java, Closure, Scala, C, C++ and Rust
- Literature: Jonas Skeppstedt/Christian Söderberg: Writing Efficient C Code. See for example amazon.de
- Labs which will be modified but the basic structure is the same.
- Power specification.
- You are allowed to use any reasonable language you want for the competition. C is recommended.
Focus is on the following chapters:
- Chapter 5, Multicores
- Section 7.18 Multi-threaded Execution
- Section 13.16 <stdatomic.h>
- Section 13.25 <threads.h>
- Chapter 17, Programming with Pthreads
- Chapter 18, OpenMP
There is a competition in the course, and the winners so far have been:
- 2017: Elias Henriksson and Linus Römer, Pi/Pi
- 2015: Anton Klarén and Valdemar Roxling, D/D
- 2014: Karl-Olof Hylen and Björn Linse, F/F
- 2013: Anton Botvalde and Mats Lundkvist, D/D
- 2012: Fredrik Karlsson and Daniel Pervan, D/D
- 2011: Rasmus Barringer, PhD student at CS Dept.