Before the course starts you should do the following (should take less that 2 hours):
- Watch this 60 minute overview of Scala lecture video in .avi format and slides in .pdf by Martin Odersky. You do not need to understand everything in the lecture; the course will explain most things as we progress. Please write down the top-3 things you would like to learn more about from the lecture video.
- Get the text book
- Install Scala on your machine
- Install Kojo on your machine
- Bring your machine on full batteries to the course seminars with your favorite editor and the Scala REPL or Kojo running
- Bring your calendar for future seminar booking