October 2012 – Ph.D in Software Engineering, from the Department of Computer Science, Lund University of Technology (LTH), Sweden. The title of the thesis: "Visualizing, Analyzing and Managing the Scope of Software Releases in Large-Scale Requirements Engineering". DOWNLOAD. The thesis received the Oscar II award for the best doctoral thesis at LTH in 2012. Look HERE
2010 - Licentiate of Technology (Tekn. Lic.) in Software Engineering from the Department of Computer Science, Lund Institute of technology (LTH), Sweden. The title of the thesis: "Understanding and Supporting Large-Scale Requirements Management". DOWNLOAD
2006 - Master of Science in Telecommunication (computer networks) from the Department of Electronics, Telecommunication and Computer Science, Gdańsk University of Technology. The title of the thesis: "Implementation of DHCPv6 protocol extensions that facilitates communication with other servers". The thesis received the top grade during the defense.
January 2006 – June 2006 – exchange student at IT University in Gothenburg, Software Engineering and Management program
Positions and Industrial Experience:
June 2013 - present senior consultant at Qtema
October 2012 - present postdoctoral scholar in Software Engineering at Lund University. Working in the SYNERGIES project on supporting open innovation in software engineering
August 2007 - October 2012 doctoral candidate in Software Engineering at Lund University, Sweden. Main responsibilities:
- Conducting research in close collaboration with industry in the area of requirements engineering, software product management and requirements management (80% of the time)
- Teaching courses in software engineering on both basic and advance levels (20% of the time)
- Supervising master thesis students in software engineering
August 2007 - present researcher at the CTO office at Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB in Lund, Sweden. Main responsibilities:
- Conducting research in large-scale requirements management with a special interest on decision making in software product management. I am involved in a program of measuring, understanding and improving the requirements management and requirements scope management processes at the company. The research is conducted in an action-research mode and has provided improved understanding of the context as well as suggested valuable improvements. My results have received positive recognition among practitioners
August 2010 – December 2010 visiting Ph. D student at Siemens Corporate Research Inc., Princeton, USA. Main responsibilities:
- Conducted research in the area of data minable regulatory codes for improved traceability in very-large infrastructure projects at Siemens.
- Investigated challenges in Very-Large Scale Requirements Management
January 2007 – August 2007 support engineer at Telelogic AB in Malmö.
- Worked mainly with Change Request for Telelogic TAU and SDL Suite. I was responsible for gathering customers’ requests and driving investigations of their impact, cost and importance.
August 2006 – system administrator at IT University in Göteborg. Installed and configured an IBM iSeries server for IT University
June 2004 – January 2006 software developer at VECTOR sp. Z.O.O Gdynia, Poland. Worked as a software developer in the R&D Department preceded by a trainee period at VECTOR. Main responsibilities:
- Created and Maintained SNMP protocol stack for an outdoor access point designed and developed at VECTOR, written in C (based on Atheros). The SNMP module was based on an open source net-snmp code (in C).
- Designed and developed a Monitoring and Management System for DOCSIS networks (cable modem networks), written in Java.
- Worked with IP networks and DOCSIS devices on the tasks of installation, configuration and maintenance (during the training period)
October 2004 – December 2005 – network administrator at dorm campus at Gdańsk University of Technology . Worked with a network of over 2000 users. I configured network switches and Linux-based servers as well as helped network users
July 2004 – trainee at Telekomunikacja Polska S.A., Gdansk Department – training period, worked with ADSL nods
I am an (co)-author of several research articles, including:
The best-paper award winning article at the IWSPM’10 workshop, http://2010.iwspm.org/
Two articles at the IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference, considered as the most important conference in the field of Requirements Engineering with the acceptance rate of about 15%.
The full list of publications by Krzysztof Wnuk can be found HERE.
Committees and Refereeing
I am constantly assisting in reviewing articles submitted to the top ranked conferences in requirements engineering. Krzysztof Wnuk has (co)-reviewed conference articles for: CaiSE’08, REFSQ’08, REFSQ’09, REFSQ’10, REFSQ'13, International Requirements Engineering Conference (RE) in years, 2008, 2009, 2010, Transactions on Software Engineering Journal (TSE), Requirements Engineering Journal (REj), Information and Software Technology (IST) and Empirical Software Engineering Journal (ESEJ).
I was a Program co-chair of the 5th International Workshop on Software Product Management, http://2011.iwspm.org/. I was a program co-hair of the RESS 2012 workshop, http://www.csd.uwo.ca/RESS12/ and the 7th International Workshop on Software Product Management, IWSPM'13.
I was a program co-chair of the From Start-ups to Saas Conglomerate Life Cycles of Software Product, workshop, see HERE
Research Collaborations Academia
Member of SiReN (Swedish Requirement s Engineering Research Network) since 2007. http://www.siren.lth.se/tiki-index.php
Member of LUCAS (Center for Applied Software Research) since 2007. http://www.lth.se/programvaruportalen/
Active continuous collaboration with Blekinge Institute of Technology, School of Computing, http://www.bth.se/com/com_eng.nsf/
Collaboration with Department of Computer Science at the University of Saskatchewan, http://www.cs.usask.ca/
Collaboration with Department of Information and Computing Science Universiteit Utrecht, http://www.cs.uu.nl/
Collaboration with Technische Universität München Software & Systems Engineering (currently inactive), http://portal.mytum.de/welcome/
Research Collaborations Industry
Extended Board Member of the International Software Product Management Association (ISPMA) since 2013
Member of IREB (International Requirements Engineering Board) since 2011 http://certified-re.de/en/
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB, Sweden, from 2007 to now
Siemens Corporate Research Inc, USA, from September 2010 to now
ABB Sweden, from October 2010 to now
PMConsulting Sp. z.o.o – Wrocław – from February 2010 to December 2010
Software Engineering Process - Methodology (7.5 ECTS), Lund University (exercises and project) in years 2011, 2010 and 2009
Software Development for Large Systems (7.5 ECTS), Lund University (lab sessions, exercises and project) in years 2011, 2010, 2009 and 2008
Requirements Engineering, (7.5 ECTS) Lund University in years 2011, 2009 and 2008
Advisor and Super visor (Master Level)
Managing variability requirements in software product lines", completed in 2008, resulted in a publication at the Third International Workshop on Variability Modeling of Software-intensive Systems(VaMoS2009)
Effective methods for automatic SOA regression testing" at Cybercom Group
Obsolete Software Requirements” – in collaboration with BTH, resulted in a publication in IST
Lightweight method for Obsolete Software Requirements Identification with Jana Ose, ongoing