- When you start the course you will get an email with a link to a cloud directory with files including news (the file course.txt).
- Important Swedish word: nivå means level. In the playlists (starting with lecture 3) each video has a nivå. If you aim at grade 5 at the exam, be sure to understand all sections in the book mentioned in a video title, but if your goal is a 4, study sections at levels 3 and 4, and if you are happy with grade 3, it is sufficient to study sections mentioned in video titles with nivå 3.
- Course start video in Swedish
- Jonas' zoom id at the university
- The course will be given online. No physical lectures, labs or office hours. Lectures are on youtube (in Swedish).
- Introduction to UNIX terminals.
- At the exam you are allowed to bring one book on algorithms and four A4 papers (8 pages) with any handwritten (by yourself) notes you want. You are of course allowed to make any notes you wish in your book.
There are two alternative textbooks:
- Kleinberg/Tardos: Algorithm Design, hardcover and paperback. It does not cover integer linear programming and Hollow heaps.
- Skeppstedt: Algorithms: a concise introduction eller på svenska, Algoritmer: en kortfattad introduktion.