EDAN70 HT2018 News!
The course starts with an introductory meeting on Monday Nov 5 with a presentation of the course format and of the available projects. The topics for the projects in the Fall semester will be Compilers, Program Analysis, Optimizing Compilers, Multicore programming, and Language Technology.
You need to attend the first lecture to be sure to keep your seat (or email one of the project managers before the course starts). You should formally register in the LADOK system, preferably before the course starts. Instructions: in Swedish, in English. If you fail to register, the department might register you anyway, if you attended the first lecture.
Introductory lecture: Monday, November 5, 15:15, E:3308, for all projects below.
Compiler and Program Analysis projects:
- Project managers: Görel Hedin and Christoph Reichenbach
- Prerequisites: The lab/assignments in EDAN65 (Compilers), or currently taking the Program Analysis course.
- Project list
Optimizing compilers/Multicore programming projects:
- Project manager: Jonas Skeppstedt
- Prerequisites: The lab/assignments in EDAN75 (Optimizing Compilers) or EDAN26 (Multicore programming)
- Contact Jonas for details
Language Technology projects:
- Project manager: Pierre Nugues
- Prerequisites: The lab/assignments in EDAN20 (Language Technology)
- Contact Pierre for details
Each project is presented at one of the slots below:
- Thu December 20, at 13-15.
- Thu December 20, at 15-17.
- Fri December 21, at 10-12.
- Fri December 21, at 13-15.
Biannual - different content
The course is given in two instances each year (LP2 and LP4). At each course instance, projects within specific areas are offered.
The instance LP2 2018 (Nov-Dec) will offer course projects within the following areas:
- Project in Language Technology. Prerequisites: The assignments for EDAN20 (Language Technology)
- Project in Compilers. Prerequisites: The assignments for EDAN65 (Compilers)
- Project in Optimizing Compilers. Prerequisites: The assignments for EDAN75 (Optimizing Compilers)
The instance LP4 2018 (Mar-Jun) will offer course projects within the following areas:
- Project in Intelligent Systems. Prerequisites:The assignments för EDAF70 (Applied Artificial Intelligence, formerly EDA132)
EDAN90: Advanced project in computer science
EDAN90 is similar to EDAN70, but has higher requirements on the oral presentation and written report, to follow academic standards within the subarea. To take EDAN90, you need to first have completed EDAN70. EDAN90 offers projects in the same areas as EDAN70.